We are looking for some volunteers to help with the Bridging The Gap nights at the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital on Thursday evenings from 6:00p.m. until 8:15p.m. Bridging the Gap (BTG) is an introductory program that provides opportunities to person’s living with impairments to experience wheelchair sport for the first time. Some of the sports that WSA provides are: Wheelchair Basketball, Wheelchair Rugby, Wheelchair Tennis, Para-Athletics, and Sledge Hockey. We are also assisting with Wheelchair Quidditch, Wheelchair Fencing, Wheelchair Curling, and Wheelchair Badminton. You can learn more about it here https://wheelchairsportsalberta.com/btg/.The volunteer would be responsible for facilitating the BTG program on Thursday evenings with direction from Barb Adamson, Technical Director.
Specific Duties Include
- Facilitating the weekly program
- Filing the necessary paperwork
- Reporting to the North Sport Coordinator
- Completing volunteer hour documentation
- Experience with sport
- Positive and upbeat
- Minimum 6 month commitment
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Check (no more than 3 months old)
- CPR and First Aid a benefit but not required.
Experience with the following is an asset
- Developmental Disability / Physical Disability
- Group or Activity Leader / Facilitating
- Sport Aid / Assistant / Companion / Mentor
If you would like to apply for this position directly, please click here. If you would to email your resume to Jen Sales, the executive director, click here. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact Jen Sales by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 780-427-8699.